As day by day intensity of road accidents are increasing in India, so the Road Safety Week is introduced by government. Under the Road Safety week, Dhole Patil College of Engineering, Wagholi, Pune organized one day Road Safety event on Wednesday, 6th February 2019 for spreading awareness among students on Road Safety under the guidance of Hon. Chairman Shri. Sagar Dhole Patil ,Principal Dr. Nihar Walimbe, all HoDs and faculty members . The chief guest for the event was Assistant Regional Traffic Officer Mr. Anil Pantoji.
He guided students on Road safety Rules and following few important Road Safety Tips are given by him:
- Don’t use your mobile phone while driving
- Belt up in the back
- Don’t drink and drive
- Always adhere to speed limits
- Take special care about children, senior citizens and pedestrians.
- Don’t drive if tired.
- Pedestrians should walk cautiously.
- Always observe and anticipate other road users.
- Keep your distances.
- Always wear helmets and seat belts
The motive behind organizing the event was to develop the student as a national power, to make them think about development, in which road safety plays an important role.